Thank you for your interest and enthusiasm about Ancestor Art!
I’m continually captivated by essential creativity meeting unique ancestral story telling and I love to share it with others!
Ancestor Art is the perfect way to highlight a modern photo lost amongst the cloud -OR- finally get that antiquated photo of Grandma or someone special out of closet!
Encaustic Story Collage
Design a heirloom masterpiece using original vintage/decorative papers, inks, stencils, ephemera, found objects and an evocative ancestral photo to tell your family story.
During the workshop you will learn how and be inspired to:
- use vintage + decorative papers to create a background story
- "dress" your ancestors with paints + inks
- create texture + aging effects for interest and contrast
- enjoy found objects / 3D elements for symbolism and metaphors
- use encaustic medium as an endearing topcoat for collage
Now scheduling private gigs in my studio + road shows!Availability: Daytimes, evenings + weekends. . . let's get your Ancestor Art party on the calendar!
- 4 hour class
- Minimum 4 / Maximum 8 people
- BYOAncestors / BYOBeverages / BYOSnacks or you can eat at All About You Cafe steps away from my studio!
- All skill levels welcome - just show up as your already creative self!
- Ideal ages: teen/adult
- $50 Selfie ticket / $45 Ussie ticket / each save $5
I provide all the art supplies - all you need to do is bring:
- Your already creative self
- Copies or originals of ancestor photos [Ideal sizes are 4 X 6 inch or 5 X 7]
If you want the transparent / ghost like image, email me your preferred photo to firstname.lastname@example.org w/ Subject Collage Story
OPTIONAL: Special papers [handwritten notes, recipe cards, etc] to add for background - make copies if you’re not sure about using originals.
OPTIONAL: Any meaningful flat symbols or tokens to add for personalization [numbers, letters, lace, buttons, etc]
No worries, I have plenty of Optional #4 / #5 if you don't have any.
I have sprinkled technique, instruction + inspiration throughout the class experience, but mostly you will allowing permission for your ancestral story to ‘tell itself’ through using symbolism, metaphors and creative expression. ♥
all rights reserved